Monday, May 3, 2010

Gloomy Light

As usual I am always lethargic in getting up…never wanted to depart from my cradle in cock-crow…never wanted to unbolt my eyes…but always have to do so… L
Finally got an employment in my own home town…but to be very ingenuous I never wanted to toil for some more time…wanted to realx for some more period…but they guys called me to join the hospital… had no indisputable reason to refute…so joined the sanatorium.
Now a big problem aroused in my life was, that I had no separate conveyance with me to go to the hospital daily which was 5 kms away from my house. Was in deep ambiguity whether to purchase a car or a two wheeler?
My father and I both wanted to procure a car for me but my mother was not at all willing to purchase a car for me. She was very well acquainted with the heavy traffic and of stray animals too.
After a long arguments and conflicts she won the battle and finally we purchased a two wheeler for me. Though I was not at all contented with that conclusion, but still I had to accept it as there was no other opportunity left for me.
Now on that two wheeler vehicle I started my daily up down ride to the infirmary.
Days, Months; kept on passing and with the passage of time I comprehend that my mother was right in her arguments. So many times I was luckily saved from heavy vehicles and stray dogs and cows because of that compatible vehicle.
One evening I was en route to my home from hospital, I saw two huge bulls were combating with each other and people were running here and there to save their lives. By hook or crook I also managed to save my life from those irate bulls and on reaching home I took a sigh of relief. It was like that, God had granted me a new life. The blood was once again started rushing into my veins.
Next morning I had to go to my work place from the same route and I was very much terrified of it. Somehow I managed to go from same route and with the grace of Lord every thing was just okay.
In the evening when I was coming back from hospital I noticed a lot of stray cows, bulls and dogs on the road.
I started counting their number randomly and I was in shock when the road end…it was 150 in number. Just imagine 150 stray animals are on the busiest road of the town and no one is at all bothered about it.
I decided to shift those cows and bulls to some dairy farm…but all my hard work went futile. On asking the people of that society they boorishly replied that we are not at all responsible for this and if you want to save your life you may change your route.
Is just changing of my route will help these sick rules of this handicapped system?
Even Government is also least bothered. No one wants to clean this dirty system.
I tried my level best to shift those animals to some dairy farm, where they can be taken care off. But in our great Independent and Democratic country a common man’s voice is squashed badly before it reaches to some genuine ears.

14 comments:

Mr Happy said...

he he :) u r having joy ride daily :P

PS: i am interested to know ur city name :P

Anya said...

Very interesting post :)
There are many stray animals in your country !!!

(@^.^@)

Arpit said...

I can see the frustration...

At times you just cant help it...

Its great that you made some effort about the whole situation... i appreciate that, as most of the time people crib about the situation but don't actually do anything...

See... you have done your part of the job.. you tried... :)
n
:( is for the current condition of India..

Hope that soon enough people will start looking into the matters...

Urmi said...

Very nice and interesting post. Very well written.

Vivek said...

Hi , Nice to see you After a long whille ,

Nice post , congrats on getting the Job. Howz your Job going on ?

well two wheelers are nice convinient way of transport , but ya these stray anilmals on the roads are really some concern; govt Bodies need to wake up and put them @ their right place.

Good Luck for the Job. Have a Nice time ahead.

itsyvitsy said...

I do not know where you are from, but in the city of Bangalore a two-wheeler is a huge relief. Driving car around in the city could be very very tiring. If not anything, you will suffer from pain in your leg joints doing the clutch-break-accelerator thing!! A two-wheeler can be used to slip between cars, take the narrowest of roads and sometimes ride on the footpath (I don't do it, though).

Nice post from the daily life of a common (wo)man. I understand your frustration completely. It is the brushing off of responsibility that you are so angry about. Don't be. Just let it go and always do what you can do and what you think is right. What others can and should do is beyond your control and influence, so no point bothering about it.

Cheers!

Sadia said...

Quite a story! Don't know which is better beating the rush hour traffic or averting a herd of cows! I can understand the daily frustration you have to go through; it's very unfortunate that appropriate steps are not taken to ease the commute , and even if they do it's never enough!
All I can say is if you can't change it just go with the flow and then maybe you will find a way out!
Good Luck and take care driving!

vidya said...

Sad that things are not done the way they have to be and no one is really bothered about making life simpler for one and all...but the important thing is you tried your best and surely when you keep putting efforts, there will be a change in the mindset of others...

THankyou for visiting and commenting on my blog.
You take care

Dr. Tripat Mehta said...

@Linclon – offcourse I m having a joy ride, after all who don’t loves one’s native place. It is not the matter of my city only, it is a matter of our country…abt the insane system of our country. Inspite of laughing on each other I guess we must took some steps forward to clean this system…atleast we can put some little effort…

@Anya – yes u r right there are many stray animals in our country

@ Arpit – offcourse Arpit I do pray so to help the system.

@ Babli – thanks dear

@ Vivek – thanks a lot. And yes Govt bodies do wake up…but I guess they wont wake up so easily as they r in deep sleep.. :)

@ Vittaldas – offcourse two wheelers are more convenient to drive in the countries like ours. Yes by getting angry nothing will change…infact I have seen by putting efforts also they are not at all ready to change. Totally agree with u…

@ Sadia – thanks a lot dear :)

@ Vidya – agree!!! :)

Dr. Tripat Mehta said...

thanks ayu :)

sleeping beauty said...

hey congrats for the job and two wheeler.ii love scooty they look great on girls.

Bikram said...

WOWO 150 .. did you really think you would get a different answer from people.. who have lived all there life doing nothing..

Govt has a lot of things on mind the first one being THere own pocket, yeah if someone pays them a bribe to get rid of animals they will in a instant suddenly the whole govt machienry will start to work.. Its all about money...

congrats on the two wheeler.. though i seriously think it is more dangerous :)

Take care and drive safe... keep in mind you r driving for yourelf and for the other person on the road tooo..

el_idioto said...

I don't think u always blame on the govt and the society...

if u scream hard enough, somebody will listen

http://theparanormalguy.blogspot.com/

hamaarethoughts.com said...

..I think..Govt needs to care of that looking at the accidents that happen everyday!!! with huge population and now stray animals also coming there is nothin but a harassment to common man!!!